Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Rome

Just flew back from Rome and boy are my arms tired. Tippetts has been in Paris visiting and made the trip with me. Rome was great, saw lots of cool stuff. I am really glad that I was able to sneak it in before returning to the states next week.

In front of the Colisseum. We did the tour (good call Tip) and were able to skip the line. Aside from the Eiffel Tower, this was probably the most amazing thing I saw while living in Europe.

Inside of the Colisseum. Our tour guide had Tip and I face off as gladiators. Unfortunately I didn't represent very well.

Tip at the entrance of the Roman Forum.

The Spanish Steps. I guess these are a lot better to visit during the Spring when the flowers are blooming. Luckily I didn't have to stop too often before reaching the top.

My graceful attempt at tossing a coin into the Trevi fountain. It just made it, so I guess I had better start preparing for the return trip once the girls are done with college.

Dinner at the Pantheon. I went with the fettucini.

St. Peters Bassilica. Didn't see the Pope, but I can cross visiting the smallest country in the world off my to do list.

Apparently the hat I bought wasn't an original as the guy up ahead in the metro had the same one. So weird.

Probably won't post again until we are all moved back to K.C. So stay cool and have a cool summer.

Nuck

2 comments:

Holli and Billy said...

Great post Jake. Maybe some day when we are both independently wealthy we can go back and you can be our tour guide. I hope you keep the blog up in Kansas!

Sarah Oman said...

so umm seriously... when do you work???