Monday, August 18, 2008

Odds and Ends

We're finally starting to get settled in again after making it back to K.C. So with that in mind I thought I'd post some of the cooler things that I never got around to posting while living in Paris.
"Stop! Here is the empire of death"
This is at the entrance of the catacombs in Paris. It was pretty amazing. Kind of creapy walking through it by myself though.

A heart made out of skulls. They had people at the exit going through your pockets and bags to make sure nobody was trying to make off with a "souvenir".

More skulls and bones.

Arrangement in Grey and Black: The Artist's Mother by James Whistler.
This was at the Musée d'Orsay. I loved the Orsay Museum, especially the Van Gogh's and Monet's.

La Gioconda by Leonardo Da Vinci.
The main attraction at the Louvre. I was able to muscle my way to the front of the mass of humanity and get a pretty good picture.

Le Penseur (The Thinker) at the Musée Rodin. The Rodin museum was pretty cool. It is right across from Les Invalides (the Army museum). The Thinker got most of the attention, but the Gates of Hell and The Kiss were also pretty amazing.

This picture of the Statue of Liberty and the Eiffel Tower was taken at a bridge by the Javel metro stop. It's about a 5 minute walk from the apartment we were in.

Me at Versailles. I loved going to Versailles and hanging out on Saturday's to see the fountains.

Again at Versailles. Looking back at the Chateau.

This is behind Notre Dame. I promise this is not photoshopped. As part of the "Jake Tour" you would know this is where Jason Bourne wakes up in Paris after driving from the bank/American Embassy in Zurich.

Tip and I on one of my last trips to the Eiffel Tower. This is from Trocadero looking back towards the Champs des Mars.

Good Bye Paris! It's was a blast!


1 comment:

Holli and Billy said...

That was a good blog to end with. I still think you should keep up the blog with your adventures in Kansas.