Saturday, June 28, 2008

Madrid

Madrid rocks! The capital of Spain is quite the town. Although I missed most of the celebrations following Spains victory in the Euro Championships, I still had a great time. The following are some of the highlights from my two days spent in this beautiful city.


The Palacio Real. It is the best preserved Palace in all of Europe or so says the Spanish. I am still kind of partial to Versailles.

Another look at the Palacio. The Madrid Opera is to my back.

The courtyard to the Palacio Real. I spent a lot of time here as there was plenty to see and learn about.

El Oso. This is the emblem of Madrid. This part of town was kind of crazy. It is called Sol and it had everything. Spent a lot of time here just kind of walking around.

Parque Juan Carlos I. This one is for JC. It was near my hotel.

Monument of Alfonso XII. This is at Parque del Retiro. The missionaries from the Madrid MTC had this place on lockdown. They even put on a concert. Good times.

The Puerta de Alcala, just outside the Parque del Retiro.

Not really sure why this was going on. I learned that there are some things us fat, hairy, naked guys should just not do. It was pretty funny though.

The Diosa Cibles statue that's in front of the Palacio de Communicaciones. It is one of the more famous landmarks in Madrid.

Nucky

2 comments:

Holli and Billy said...

Naked guys on bikes picture is my favorite picture yet!

Sarah Oman said...

I am glad that you learned something from those men. Nice picture!