Sunday, February 17, 2008

What to do when lost in Paris

So yesterday I got it in me that I would go see Les Invalides (where Napoleon I is buried and a bunch of other cool military artifacts.) Being here almost two weeks I thought I had a pretty good grasp on the city and its Metro so getting to there wouldn't be a problem. Boy was I wrong! First I got off on the wrong Metro stop after taking the wrong train. Ugh! After walking around aimlessly for a while I ended up at the Eiffel Tower. Les Invalides was right next to the Eiffel Tower (go figure), but it closes pretty early so I decided to kick it and take in Gustave Eiffel's work of art. Cool bit of Eiffel trivia - he also designed the internal architecture of the Stature of Liberty. I'm sure most of you American history buffs already knew this, but I found this out yesterday as well. Thought that was kind of cool.

Me looking all sexy showing off the new beard.

For being kind of cold out, there still was a lot of people.

The mass of humanity. I must've been hit up by 6 or 7 gypsies asking for money. Here's what they do... They ask if you speak English and if you'll read this piece of paper saying they're from Bosnia and they need money to care for their children. If you say no, then they try Spanish or French. I watched some guy give one of them fries and once he did a couple of French army dudes were all over the gypsy. Moral of the story when approached by a gypsy in France - no speak-a English.

The picture from the other side on the steps of the ballet. There was a big rally for Darfur going on with break dancers. I'll try and get those pictures up soon.

- Nuck


3 comments:

Eric said...

sweet pics dude!!! i am pretty excited to see the white break dancers though!

Daisie said...

Love you!! Glad your getting it all figured out before we get there!! Can't wait to see your cute face!! XOXOXXXXX!!

Eric said...

HEY!

I was thinking of the fun time we had roaming around that huge mall that Logan has and how you almost bought RBI 3. Well, I found a website that you can play it online. Here it is...

http://www.nintendo8.com/genre/sports/

Just scroll down the page and find RBI 3. it is fun!

see you in two weeks!