Sunday, February 24, 2008

What a hike!

So I had some free time recently and thought I'd make my way to see one of Paris' more well known Basilica's - Sacre Coeur. It is located on a pretty step hill, one of the few in Paris. As most of you know I'm not in the best of shape so making it to the top of the hill was no small feet. (As a side note, I'd just like to thank Daisie for signing us up to run the Kansas City half marathon this October. blah!) Anyways here are some of the highlights from the top of the hill.

Sacre Coeur Basillica


From the bottom. I actually came up from the other side of Sacre Coeur.


Looking down on Paris and all the craziness below.


Another view from the top of Sacre Coeur.

P.S. I finally have moved in to my apartment and hope to have pictures up soon. It's near Roland Garros (where the French Open is played) so if anyone is dying to see some world class tennis, holler at your boy.

P.S.S. I learned first hand about another gypsy method of begging for money. A female will come up to you saying they found a ring on the ground near you and try to give it to you. After showing the lady my wedding ring she proceeded to ask for money so she could buy a sandwich. I am continually amazed at how bold these people are. I need to find a way to look less like a tourist when I go out. It's getting beyond ridiculous.

- Nuck

2 comments:

S&J Jones Family said...

Hey, looks like you are having fun! What an adventure!

Daisie said...

Too bad I'm not as awesome as you at updating my blog!! It looks so beautiful there! Can't wait to be sightseeing with you, especially the hiking part!! Ha Ha! Only 10 More Days! Love ya!